We're glad you're enjoying WindСheck! Create a free account today to get access to more features.Already a subscriber? Sign in
- This event has passed.
Chesapeake Light Craft Presents: The Big Little Boat Festival (formerly known as OkoumeFest)
May 23 - May 24
Chesapeake Light Craft’s annual celebration of small wooden boats has a new look, a new date, and a new name! This popular event has become a full-on two-day waterfront celebration of small boat culture that will:
- Introduce the joys of small boats — especially homebuilt wooden ones — to everyone
- Help paddlers, rowers, and sailors of all skill levels expand their abilities
- Highlight the broad spectrum of small boat designs and construction methods
- Foster camaraderie among bayfaring enthusiasts
- Showcase the Chesapeake Bay’s history, culture, and art
- … and MORE!
Plan to spend Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend with us at the beautiful Camp Wabanna campus just south of Annapolis. Centered at the intersection of the Rhode and West Rivers, there will be plenty of space to launch boats, exciting new seminars, live music, interactive boatbuilding, kids’ activities, a mini-lecture series, and a new Expedition Race Series. There’s also ample room for camping in tents and campers and even on-site lodging available.
CLC is also holding a T-Shirt Design Contest and you can enter! Click here for details on how to enter!