Scheduled for Super Bowl Weekend, the three-day Providence Boat Show presented by Washington Trust plans on joining in the spirit of the “Big Event” with an appearance by former New England Patriots Defensive Lineman and two-time Super Bowl Champion Jarvis Green.
Photo courtesy Media Pro International
Green will be cooking up his Oceans 97 Shrimp at the show’s “Sea to Table” demonstrations on Friday and Saturday (February 2 and 3) and signing autographs. The show, operated by Rhode Island Marine Trades Association (RIMTA), starts Friday (February 2) and offers one-stop shopping at the Rhode Island Convention Center for every kind of boating enthusiast.
“The Providence Boat Show is the other Big Event for the weekend,” said RIMTA’s CEO Wendy Mackie, adding that the 25-year-old expo is the longest running of its kind in New England. “For fans of boating, it’s a ‘must-do’ on the calendar every February, and for those who are also football fans, there’s plenty of time to fit in a visit to the show and prepare for and enjoy the Super Bowl.”
Exhibitors at the Providence Boat Show will feature hundreds of new and used boats, from cruising and fishing boats to StandUp Paddleboards, jet skis and sailing dinghies, while dozens of exhibitors will showcase a wide range of boating equipment, electronics, gear and clothing to fit every need.
Other highlights include:
● “Reel Island” for the experience of reeling in a big fish on a fishing simulator and learning inside tricks from Big Game Sport Fishing;
● Educational Seminars hosted by Annapolis School of Seamanship, featuring the Progressive Boat School Pool for practicing docking with radio controlled boats;
● Miss Geico 50-foot offshore racing boat, which can reach speeds in excess of 200 mph!;
● Other renowned Chefs at the Sea to Table Culinary Presentations;
● Knife Skills Fillet Class, Oyster Shucking Master Class, and Tuna Filet Demos
In another nod to Super Bowl fans, organizers have extended show hours to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and will close the show at 3 p.m. on Super Bowl Sunday, well before game time.
For tickets and more information, visit www.providenceboatshow.com.
Providence Boat Show Specifics:
HOURS: Friday, February 2, 12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. / Saturday, February 3, 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. / Sunday, February 5, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
SINGLE-DAY TICKETS: $15 for Adults (children 12 & under are free). $2 off adult admission at box office for Students and Active & Retired Military (with proper ID); Multi-day, family and group tickets available online and at the box office.